Korf Hydraulics is a user friendly program for calculating flow rates and pressures in pipes and piping networks.
It is extremely flexible in what you can specify, with the program solving the unknown flows, pressures and sizes.
Korf Hydraulics is equally well suited for applications ranging from a single pipe to complex
networks where the flow rate in all or part of the network is unknown.
Korf Hydraulics is used by many engineering companies, including:
- Ambitech Engineering
- Berkeley Engineering
- Colt Engineering
- DCL Group
- Dragon Oil
- Effective Project
- Equinox Engineering
- Foster Wheeler
- GO Process Consulting
- GS Engineering
- Husky Energy
- IQA Solutions
- Kensington Consulting
- KP Engineering
- Kinetics Process Improvements
- Karachaganak Petroleum Operating
- Process Consulting Services
- Quotient Engineering
- Reliance Industries
- Sherritt International
- SNC Lavalin
- Stantec Consulting
- Toyo Engineering
- Total Enerflex
- Unitel Technologies
Version 3.2 is now available and supports the following key features:
- Advanced graphical interface and extensive reporting facilities.
- Liquid, isothermal compressible and several 2-phase methods.
- Multiple pipe databases, including non-cylindrical pipes.
- Pipe fluid properties can be based on that of another pipe (reference pipe).
- Flexible pipe sizing routines, and ability to ignore non-standard sizes.
- Fittings can be represented by the Crane or 2-K method.
- Heat loss from pipes can be estimated.
- Equations to simulate wells, spargers and to link specification to other equipment.
- Advanced equipment sizing and rating facilities (flow meters, control valves, etc).
- Built-in flash calculations and facilities to import data from simulators (Hysys, etc).
- Support for binary interaction coefficients and pseudo components.
- Support for multiple cases (normal, rated, etc).
- Quick calculation tools for pipes, orifices and control valves.
Process Design Practices is an intensive 5 day training course for chemical engineers that bridges the gap between university education and
practical process design and troubleshooting.
This course emphasizes practical troubleshooting techniques, calculation methods actually used by engineering companies and includes high quality handouts.